Skip to main content
All CollectionsThe Equine Food Chain
Who do I have to notify to rule my horse out of the food chain?
Who do I have to notify to rule my horse out of the food chain?

Do you need to notify someone if you want your horse to be ruled out of the food chain and who do i need to notify to rule my horse out.

Lauren Ball avatar
Written by Lauren Ball
Updated over a week ago

You can contact your Passport Issuing Organisation to rule your horse out of the food chain.

You (or your agent) have a legal responsibility to notify the Passport Issuing Organisation of a change in food chain status. 

If you are unsure who you Passport Issuing Organisation is you can use our free Equine ChipChecker. Simply enter your Microchip number (I don't have a Microchip number) and you will not only be able to see who your Passport Issuing Organisation is and details on how to contact them.

Other articles you may find useful

Why are equines excluded from the food chain?

© Equine Register® Limited 2018. All rights reserved.

This information is provided by Equine Register for the purposes of basic information sharing and guidance. However, any information provided cannot and must not be relied upon and independent opinion should be sought. 

Did this answer your question?