Our verification process gives you complete peace of mind that no one will be able to claim ownership of your equine. To do this we verify your identity in the following way:
Step 1: Confirm your email address
- Once you have started the Digital Stable verification process, we'll send you an email asking you to confirm your email address.
- Please find the email in your inbox and follow the instructions in it.
Step 2: Enter your current postal address
- Digital Stable will ask you to enter your current postal address
- Please enter your current postal address including post code
- This must be the same address on your identity document (see Step 3).
Step 3: Verify your identity
To complete this step you will need a valid identity document (driving licence, passport or identity card).
You will also need to be able to upload images of you and your chosen identity document.
- Choose which identity document you want to upload
- Upload photos of your identity document
- Finally you will need to upload a current photo of your face (selfie).
- If you are using a computer and want to use your mobile phone to take the photos, you will be asked to enter your phone number. We will send you an SMS message with a unique link to complete the process on your phone.
- We will then match up the identity document with your selfie.
Step 4: Verify your address
There are two options available to verify your address. Please choose one:
Step 4a: Verify your address online
Verifying your address online is the quickest and simplest way to fully verify your Digital Stable account. We verify your name, address and date of birth by cross-referencing against credit bureaus, voter registries, utility providers and other trusted sources. Please note: This doesn't affect your credit score or perform a credit check.
Checks normally happen within a minute. Once we have verified your address you will become fully verified.
Step 4b: Verify your address by post
Verifying your address by post can take 3-7 working days.
- You will soon receive a post card at your current postal address with a 7 or 8 digit code.
- Enter the web address on the postcard https://equineregister.co.uk/verify
- You may be prompted to login to your Digital Stable account
- You'll be redirected to a page where you can enter your verification code.
- Enter the code and become fully verified.
Once you are a fully-verified user, any changes you have requested will be sent to your Passport Issuing Organisation so they can update them on the Central Equine Database. This includes changes such as:
- Ruling your equine out of the food chain
- Updating the sex of your equines
- Updating and adding microchip numbers
We'll also automatically search the Central Equine Database for any equines registered in your current name and address and allow you to update your ownership status with these equines.